Translate

Thursday, September 19, 2024

I Had To Make A Salad From It


 "The garden is a place where you can be yourself, express yourself, and see your soul grow." (Unknown)

 

Hello, my lovely friends!

 

     Summer, you beautiful, sun-kissed season, it's time to say goodbye. But fear not, my friends! As the leaves start to change and the air grows crisp, a new season of cozy sweaters and pumpkin spice lattes awaits. Let's embrace the cooler weather with open arms and celebrate the end of summer in style.

 

     Yesterday, the garden was a riot of green and red lettuce leaves. The promise of a crisp salad danced in my mind. I plucked a pair of sun-kissed tomatoes, their skin slick with ripeness. A vibrant bell pepper and a trio of fiery jalapeños joined the bounty. My herbs, basil, parsley, and lemon thyme, looked lush and overgrown. With a snip of my shears, I harvested a fragrant bouquet of aromatic greens.

 

 A bubbly concoction of baking soda and vinegar was my secret weapon against any lingering dirt. With a double dose of cleaning power and a thorough rinse, my harvested bounty was sparkling clean and ready to enjoy.

 

 Just finished giving my harvest a spa day! Now they're all clean and cozy, drying off for their debut.


     A medley of crisp greens, plump shrimp blushing in a light marinade, and a perfectly cooked egg, all nestled together in a bowl that was bursting with color. The greens were crisp and refreshing, providing a perfect base for the other ingredients. The shrimp were cooked to perfection, with a slight pink hue and a delicate flavor. The egg was perfectly cooked, with a runny yolk that added a touch of richness to the salad. The sunflower seeds added a nutty crunch, while the cranberries provided a burst of tartness. The croutons added a satisfying crunch and a touch of saltiness. Together, these ingredients created a harmonious blend of textures and flavors that was both nourishing and visually stunning. It was a culinary masterpiece that was sure to please even the most sophisticated palate.

 


     Despite the overgrown yard, a culinary adventure awaited. With a pair of clippers and a dash of creativity, I transformed my garden's bounty into a vibrant salad. Nothing beats the taste of homegrown produce, especially when it's fresh from the soil to my plate.

 

So glad you could stop by! Wishing you a splendid rest of your day/evening/morning, wherever you may be.

Until next time! Adios...

 

 

 

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was so satisfying that I'm planning to make it again for dinner tonight. I might throw in chicken and put it all in a wrap for dinner.

      Enjoy your day! (((BIG HUGS)))

      Delete
  2. What a lovely looking garden harvest! Beautiful. OMG, your salad sounds like a party in your mouth! YUM. And your plating is BEAUTIFUL!

    Yes, Autumn is making herself known, and appreciating the beautiful colors.

    HUGS and blessings to you, your Mom and Scooter!

    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm so glad you like it. The garden's been extra generous this year. I can't wait to try all the different dishes I can make with this haul. And yes, Autumn is definitely in full swing around here. Love the changing colors.

      Hope you're having a marvelous day! (((BIG HUGS)))

      Delete
  3. It's Kathy. Oh how I want to eat that salad! I love a good salad and since my surgery we haven't had any fresh vegetables. My husband is doing well reheating food that's in the freezer but I think he's only made one meal in a month! I appreciate the colors and arrangement of your salad!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about your surgery and the limited fresh food options! I know how tough it can be to stick to a healthy diet when you're recovering. It's great that your husband is being so supportive. Hopefully, you'll be back to enjoying fresh salads in no time.

      Have a wonderful day! (((BIG HUGS)))

      Delete

Yesterday's Blog

It's All About Me #26

“Gnome and elf and fairy, Witch and ghost make merry On this last of dear October’s days.” (Lettie C. Van Derveer)   Hello my lovel...

Popular Blogs