Translate

Thursday, January 18, 2024

Start the Day Off Right

 

You have to see every potential roadblock as an opportunity and a benefit." (Suze Orman)

 

Hello, my lovely friends!

 

          The first couple of weeks I’ve been busy doing everything, but getting myself on track. One of my biggest problems is mornings. I am not a morning person at all. I’m a night owl and always have been that will never change. However, there are some things that I can do to make my morning more productive and successful for me.

 

1. Write down a daily plan ~ as much as I would like to sit down and come up with a whole plan for the week I’m trying to get myself back on track with small steps. The night before while I have a few minutes to pull out my planner and write out what I want to accomplish the next day.

 

2. Plan my meals and snacks ~ I need some structure with my meals and found these planner meal pads to write everything out.

 

3. Pick a couple of things to finish each day ~ in order to organize the house and my life I need to start and finish things.

 

4. Schedule exercise ~ it might seem silly, but I need to do that in order to keep it up.

 

5. Start the day off with some stretching ~ A good stretch can do wonders for the start of your day. I’ll take five minutes just get my body going for the day.

 

Thank you so much for stopping by.

I wish you a good morning, afternoon or evening wherever you are.

Talk soon…

7 comments:

  1. All excellent things, especially knowing your own natural rhythms! I'm a morning person so have to do my planning in the morning while I'm at my best. My older sister is a night person and has to do hers in the evening while she has the energy! And #4? Absolutely. I even pay money to a trainer so that the schedule is enforced! But I have to start doing better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been doing pretty good waking up early in the morning. I still stay up really late though, but it's working for me. Little by little I'm getting my life together.

      Have a wonderful day! (((BIG HUGS)))

      Delete
  2. Yup, what works for you, I am a morning person as well as I plan our suppers for the month. There might be a change here and there as the month goes on but at least the basic plan is there. It really has made a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been working on being a morning person and I can get up about 7:30 a.m. and so far that's working for me. Yes, I can get a basic plan together.

      Have a great day! (((BIG HUGS)))

      Delete
  3. I am definitely a morning person, but I didn't start out that way. When I started in nursing, I had to work all kinds of different shifts, so I learned to love getting things done in the morning before my shifts. It is good to know you are a night person (so was my Mom) and work with it.

    hugs
    barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my nights because it's my alone time away from my mom. I like watching movies, writing up the blog and getting things done.

      Have a wonderful day! (((BIG HUGS)))

      Delete
  4. Yes, I'm working on it. I'm figuring out what is working for me.

    Enjoy your day! (((BIG HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete

Yesterday's Blog

So Much Cooking

    "Give yourself permission to immediately walk away from anything that gives you bad vibes. There is no need to explain or make sens...

Popular Blogs