Translate

Sunday, April 7, 2024

It's Coming Up


 "To be happy you must let go of what's gone. Be grateful for what remains. Look forward to what is coming." (Author Unknown)

 

Hello, my lovely friends!

 

      First off thank you for all the prayers and well wishes. It means so much to me to have all the prayers, love and support. It’s a little scary thinking about the whole thing and what could happen. But I’m remaining positive about everything until I know what is happening for sure.

 

      Next Sunday is the 7 year anniversary of my Dad’s death. Seven years doesn’t seem like a lot of years, but it feels like it. Our plan is to go see him on Sunday. My mom has her moments here and there about him. At least now she had somewhere to go to feel whole. My mom has talked about him more this past week and cried more. I know that this will never leave her, but I wish that she wouldn’t feel the guilt and hurt so much. I so like that she opens up about their relationship especially the dating part. My dad really went after her and knew she was the one for him. It took my mom some convincing because she had a boyfriend that was horrible to her. My dad just hung around waiting for him to mess up and he did. I’m very happy he did too. 

  

    So, did any of you feel that earthquake the other day? My sister felt it and said things fell off the shelves and her cat was crying. I have some online friends who also felt it. That had to be a little bit scary especially over there. Our weather has been a little bit of everything. We were in the 70’s and sunny, cold and windy and even some snow. That was all in one week. It’s crazy how confused the weather is. We just getting all kinds od different kind so weather. It’s still too early to think the snow won’t be back here, We still have another month of it.


Thank you so much for stopping by today.

I wish you a good morning, afternoon or evening wherever you are.

Talk Soon…

 

11 comments:

  1. (((HUGS))) and continued prayers. LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture of Scooter. He is so handsome.

    My Dad will have passed 7 yrs. ago in August, and it doesn't seem possible sometimes. My heart is with you.

    hugs
    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know its not easy Barb. We just take each day as it comes. I know Scoots looks so cute with his new haircut.

      Have a great day! (((BIG HUGS)))

      Delete
  2. It has been 21 years since my dad past of a broken heart. Huge hugs my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Allie it never goes away. It just finds a place to live inside you.

      Enjoy the day! (((BIG HUGS)))

      Delete
  3. May you find comfort in the memories you made together. 🤗💖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeanne! It's going to be a hard week, but we have each other.

      Have a wonderful day! (((BIG HUGS)))

      Delete
  4. It's Kathy. It will be 21 years of missing my dad this August and I miss him as much now as I did the day he left us. But life goes on, doesn't it. I think it's good that your mom is sharing her memories of him with you. That can only be helping both of you and you get to see a side of your dad that you didn't experience. I'm happy to hear that you're staying positive! That's the best think you can do! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and I had another thought. I can't believe it's been more than 7 years that we've been friends! WOW!!!

      Delete
    2. I know it amazes me how long we've all been friends here.

      The heartache just finds a place to live inside us. We're doing well and just taking each day as it comes. I'm enjoying learning things about the two of them. Staying positive with everything.

      Enjoy your day! (((BIG HUGS)))

      Delete
  5. Anniversaries of events, good and bad, strike people differently. I'm one who is somewhat sensitive to timing. Or at least keenly aware of "yes, on this date, X years ago, Y happened". This is especially true for losses. Parents, brother, in-laws, nephew... re-living the memories. Keeping the happier ones is easier as time goes on, letting go of the less happy ones also easier.

    I'm glad your mom has you to share these things with. My mom talked a lot to her children as we moved from teens to adulthood, about many things. I'm glad she did, because when I got to certain points in my life I was prepared. But of course there were gaps... "why did nobody warn me that..." spots in a lifetime!

    May the week leading up to this significant anniversary be gentle on you and your mom!

    (( Big Hugs ))
    - Barb OKM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to be a hard week for us, but we have each other and it works for us. I love having the talks with my mom. I've learned some new things.

      Have a wonderful day! (((BIG HUGS)))

      Delete

Yesterday's Blog

So Much Cooking

    "Give yourself permission to immediately walk away from anything that gives you bad vibes. There is no need to explain or make sens...

Popular Blogs