Translate

Sunday, February 25, 2024

A Great Weekend


 

"Hope is like the sun. If you only believe in it when you see it, you'll never make it through the night." (Leia Organa)

 

Hello, my lovely friends!

 

      You would think it’s Spring outside and not Winter. Our temps have been in the high 60s’ almost near 70s’. It’s been perfect weather to get outside and clean up the yard and get rid of the leaves that are still on the grass. Mother Nature is being really nice to us, but we are in winter and it’ll change by the end of the week and the snow will be back.

 

      It’s been a difficult week for me. This is the first full week of no drinking and I’m feeling good about it. I just feel so horrible that I let myself fall off the wagon in such a big way. I’m doing some daily affirmations when I wake up and it helps a lot.. This is the first week that I’ve felt sick and the headaches were relentless. I was miserable and my tummy is still blah. I know I have to go through this detox, but I hate it. Yesterday I felt upset for no reason, nothing happened it was just my emotions. I know that I’m going to have good and bad days ahead with this. I’m just going to be a day by day thing for me.

 

      Last month I was talking with a fellow Zoner and we were talking about how much fun we had during the Twilight Zone marathon and it was too bad we have to wait until July to hang out with everyone. We talked about having a mini marathon and we put it into place. We voted on them including what day and time to watch. We had our marathon yesterday and I thought only a handful of people would join in over on “X” (Twitter) and we had nearly 200 people there. It was so much fun. We only did five episode, but now we know we could add a couple more because five was just too short. I was shocked how many people were there, but we had so much fun. We decided that we’ll do it again every month with different things. 

 

Thank you so much for stopping by.

I wish you a good morning, afternoon or evening wherever you are.

Until next time… Adios!

7 comments:

  1. I, too, hate that detox time because during it I am thinking about how I did this to myself, how I should know better, that I have no one but myself to blame all of which does not help me very much nor does it help the detox go faster it just brings me down. (I don't have trouble with alcohol but sugar instead but it hurts none the less) I have to make myself think how great it is that I caught it so quickly, that I didn't panic, that it won't last long and that I managed to not slip for so long that I can do even better now. How wonderful to be able to get together online with so many people to share a marathon, you really are so very good on line and have such a network. Every month sounds like a blast. Huge hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been rough, but taking it one day at a time. I know I can get through this,

      The marathon was so much fun. We're going to do it next month.

      Have a wonderful day ! (((BIG HUGS)))

      Delete
  2. Yes, we were only in the low 30’s yesterday, today through Tuesday at or near 50. Wednesday, the bottom drops out again – 30’s and some snow. Boooo. LOL

    (((HUGS))) yes, it’s difficult getting through those detox days. Hang in there. You’re stronger than you think! Mamie is right that getting down on yourself won’t speed things up. Proud of you that you’re doing daily affirmations. That is the antidote!

    Glad you had fun w/your fellow Zoners! Way to go.

    hugs and blessings and peace
    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snow is coming on Tuesday for us. I'm not sure how much we'll get though.

      It's been a rough week, but now that I got through that I can start working on me. Thank you.

      Enjoy your day! (((BIG HUGS)))

      Delete
  3. The best way to move forward is to focus on the good in your life, the dreams you have, and the people who love you. ... You can do this one day at a time. 🤗🥰💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, one day at a time is what I'm going. I have a good plan set up and just working with that.

      Have a wonderful day! (((BIG HUGS)))

      Delete

Yesterday's Blog

Get Rid of the Negative Things

  "Don't let negative and toxic people rent space in your head. Raise the rent and kick them out." (Robert Tew)   Hello, my ...

Popular Blogs