Translate

Tuesday, August 20, 2024

The Summer Heat


 "Life is all about the little decisions you make every day. You can't change the decisions of the past, but every new day is another opportunity to make the right ones." (Author Unknown)

 

Hello, my lovely friends!

 

      Happy Tuesday to you all! I hope y’all had a good weekend, got some rest and relaxation. 

 

      So, Heat, I'm officially calling you out. You're a bully. A sadist. A heat-loving tyrant. But I'm not giving up. I'm going to find a way to defeat you, once and for all. And when I do, I'm going to throw a giant ice cream party in your honor. Just kidding. I'm going to throw a giant ice cream party in my honor. Because I deserve it.

 

    Okay, I'm officially over summer. I know, I know, it's supposed to be the best time of year. But let's be real, this heatwave is starting to feel more like a personal attack. I've gone through more pairs of socks than I have outfits this season, thanks to the relentless humidity.

 

I mean, I get it. Summer's supposed to be fun and carefree. But when you're spending your days melting into a puddle of sweat and your nights tossing and turning because your sheets are too hot, it's hard to enjoy the carefree part.

 

    I'm ready for cooler weather, cozy sweaters, and the excuse to eat pumpkin spice everything. Please, autumn, hurry up and get here. I'm begging you.


So glad you could stop by! Wishing you a splendid rest of your day/evening/morning, wherever you may be.

Until next time! Adios...

 

 

 

 

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanne, hope things are going well. (((BIG HUGS)))

      Delete
  2. Yup . . . have been grateful for this string of 3 days where the temperatures are in the 70’s! Headin’ upward for the weekend (maybe 90 on Sunday? NOT a fan!)

    YOU have nailed the worst part of the heat, to me. NOT BEING ABLE TO SLEEP @ NIGHT! Now we have air conditioning, but cannot keep it running all day. Definitely have it on @ night to sleep, but still hard to sleep!

    I never want to wish time away, but I will be glad when Autumn arrives!

    Hugs
    Barb
    1cd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're the same I turn the A/C on to cool the house, but like can't keep it on all the time. Luckily our nights are cool now and I can put a fan in my bedroom window and cool down a lot. I'm just hoping for cooler weather now. I'm so over the heat.

      Have a wonderful day! (((BIG HUGS)))

      Delete
  3. We have had a nice break, but it's still August, and there's heat coming our way. When I read the weather bits in your blog, I know it travels my way next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is our hottest month so I know there's more to come. I know so you're probably like great here comes the heat.

      Enjoy your day! (((BIG HUGS)))

      Delete
  4. Cool this week here, needing a sweatshirt on my morning walks, some leaves are changing so it is coming! WooHoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was us the other week, I know it's coming soon. We have some leaves changes too and there's a different smell outside.

      Have an amazing day! (((BIG HUGS)))

      Delete
  5. It's Kathy. I am also over the heat. Surgery ewas successful and I can go home tomorrow. Yeah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad, I was praying that everything turned out good for you. Hopefully you'll have a speedy recovery.

    Have a good day! (((BIG HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete

Yesterday's Blog

It's All About Me #26

“Gnome and elf and fairy, Witch and ghost make merry On this last of dear October’s days.” (Lettie C. Van Derveer)   Hello my lovel...

Popular Blogs