Translate

Sunday, August 4, 2024

Finding "Me Time"

"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together." (Marilyn Monroe)
 

Hello, my lovely friends!

 

      Let's talk about something really important: YOU. I know, I know, it sounds self-centered, but hear me out. In our busy lives, filled with work, family, and social commitments, it's easy to put ourselves on the back burner. But guess what? An empty cup can't pour into others.

 

      Taking time for yourself isn't selfish; it's essential. It's about filling your own cup so you can show up fully for the people and things you love. Whether it's a long bath, a good book, a nature walk, or simply doing nothing at all, finding those moments of peace and quiet is crucial for our mental and emotional well-being.

 

      I've been guilty of neglecting self-care in the past, and let me tell you, it's not fun. I ended up feeling stressed, overwhelmed, and honestly, just not like myself. But since I've made a conscious effort to prioritize me time, I've noticed a huge difference. I'm calmer, more focused, and overall happier.

 

So, let's make a pact to be kinder to ourselves. Let's find those little pockets of time throughout our day to recharge and rejuvenate. What are your favorite self-care activities? Let's inspire each other! Remember, you deserve it.

 

Here are some things to do to recharge yourself and do something good for your self...

Indulge in self-care: Pamper yourself with a face mask,   bubble bath, or a DIY spa day.

Unplug and recharge: Disconnect from technology and  enjoy the peace and quiet.

Read a good book: Lose yourself in a captivating story.

Meditate or practice mindfulness: Find inner peace and focus.

Take a long, hot shower: Let the warmth wash away stress.

Enjoy a delicious meal: Treat yourself to your favorite cuisine.

Take a nap: Rest and recharge your body.

Listen to music: Let the rhythm and melody transport you.

Spend time with loved ones: Connect with people who uplift you.

Do something you love: Whether it's dancing, gardening, or playing games, indulge your passions. 

 

    Remember me time is personal. Choose activities that truly relax and rejuvenate you. What's your favorite way to unwind? Share your me time tips in the comments below!

 

 So glad you could stop by! Wishing you a splendid rest of your day/evening/morning, wherever you may be. 

Until next time! Adios...

8 comments:

  1. Taking a book out on the paver patio while Ember is down for puppy nap #1 of the day, and listening to the birds and now that it's August, starting to hear crickets, too.

    Just taking notice of what the senses are telling me, the smell of vegetation, or the fresh-washed after the rain. The big storm that came through got a lot of us out doing yard cleanup from the fallen branches, so there's a lot to observe, so stopping to do so without considering the length of a to-do list is a great unwind break.

    I find as I age that giving myself permission to "be" more than "do" is a key.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that! Listening to what nature is offering out there to listen too. I enjoy doing that when I'm watering the garden.

      Have a great day! (((BIG HUGS)))

      Delete
  2. YES! Self-care, ME time, whatever you want to call it, is extremely important for you and those you interact with throughout the day. . . . those you want to help.

    Good for you making time for yourself! Well done.

    Taking a nap . . . . have resisted doing that for sooooo long, but . . . . that’s on the agenda today! Tired, so . . . have to listen to the gody and take a rest.

    I love reading, too. Listening to good music. Just sitting and relaxing w/Miss Lilly. Watching a good movie. Writing. doing my mani-pedi. Getting a hair trim. All these fill my tank!

    Hugs
    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are great things to do to give you some me time. I love that they fill your tank. It was hard trying to find time or allow me to have the time, but learning that its important for me.

      Have a wonderful day! (((BIG HUGS)))

      Delete
  3. Climbing into a good book and getting lost in the journey of the story. 📖 Happy Sunday! 🤗💖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a wonderful thing to do with a cup of tea.

      Enjoy your day! (((BIG HUGS)))

      Delete
  4. It's Kathy. Well, I have been doing all kinds of self-care today. My husband has been gone all day so I have read for awhile, then I watched a movie, had some soup for lunch (my favorite) and caught up with friends. I have 2 kabobs in the fridge for Tom to grill for dinner tonight, so I'm giving myself permission to chill!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A perfect Sunday to yourself. It sounds wonderful.

      Enjoy your time to yourself! (((BIG HUGS)))

      Delete

Yesterday's Blog

It's All About Me #26

“Gnome and elf and fairy, Witch and ghost make merry On this last of dear October’s days.” (Lettie C. Van Derveer)   Hello my lovel...

Popular Blogs