Translate

Thursday, September 5, 2024

It's Changing A Little


 "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it." (Groucho Marx)

 

Hello, my lovely friends!

 

     Mother Nature seems to be finally relenting, offering a much-needed reprieve from the scorching summer heat. Even a sprinkle of rain, though brief, felt like a cool, refreshing drink on a sweltering day. I can't wait for the crisp autumn air to descend, painting the landscape in vibrant hues of red, orange, and yellow. And of course, the anticipation of the holiday season, filled with cozy nights, twinkling lights, and the spirit of giving, makes it all the more exciting.

 

     With the holidays approaching, we've decided to skip Halloween decorations this year and focus on creating a magical Christmas ambiance. It's becoming increasingly challenging to handle all the preparations alone, so I'm determined to plan more strategically. Given my mom's health, I'm responsible for setting up, taking down, and then repeating the process for Christmas. It's a significant workload, and I'm the sole caretaker.

 

    This year, I've made a conscious decision to prioritize Christmas and make it an unforgettable experience for both of us. To that end, I'll be dedicating this weekend to revamping our coffee bar. A few of you inquired about it, and I've been missing the cozy atmosphere it provides. It's been since January since I've given it any attention. I'm not quite sure why I stopped, but I simply lost the momentum.

 

    I’m so excited about the chile festival at our local garden center this weekend! It’s basically like a spicy version of the Christmas market we went to last year. I'm really hoping the lady with the incredible scones is there again. I bought a ton last time and we’re almost out.

 

    My mom is planning on stocking up on roasted chilies for the freezer, so I know we’ll have plenty for our winter chili and enchiladas. There’s just something about this time of year with all the festivals, the cooler weather, and the cozy atmosphere. I can’t wait to explore the market, taste some delicious food, and maybe even pick up a few new plants for our garden.

 

So glad you could stop by! Wishing you a splendid rest of your day/evening/morning, wherever you may be.

Until next time! Adios...

7 comments:

  1. Decorating is a big job, especially for just one person. Looking forward to photos of the coffee bar.
    Have a great time at the chili festival. Sounds like fun.
    Have a happy Thursday! 🤗💖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words! Decorating solo can definitely be a challenge, but I’m slowly making progress. I’ll be sure to share photos of the coffee bar once it’s finished.

      I’m really excited about the chili festival, too. I can’t wait to try all the different flavors and enjoy the festive atmosphere.

      Have a wonderful day! (((BIG HUGS)))

      Delete
  2. Yes, we’ve had some lovely weather here lately. Heatin gup today and storms, but . . . then back to cooler weather.

    Good for you making the choice to concentrate on the Christmas holiday decorating. It IS hard when you’re doing it alone. VERY hard.

    OH my, scones . . . one of my only indulgences. LOVE them. I hope you and your Mom enjoy the chle festival!

    Here’s some hugs and blessings for y’all!

    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words about the weather! It's been a bit of a rollercoaster here too. I'm really looking forward to the cooler temperatures.

      I know it's tough decorating alone, but I'm trying to make it as enjoyable as possible. I'll listen to Christmas music and sip hot cocoa while I work.

      Scones are the best, aren't they? I'm definitely going to have to make some soon. I'm so excited about the festival.

      Have a marvelous day! (((BIG HUGS)))

      Delete
  3. It's Kathy. I think it's a good decision to scale back on Halloween and focus on Christmas. We do have to manage our expectations and with so much going on for you - it's good to prioritize what's most important! I'm not sure I'll do anything at all this year. Things in my recovery are not going well. I am in so much pain during the night that I can't sleep and they want me to cut back on the pain pills and add a medication to handle the nerve pain. Yesterday was day one - they said it would take about a week to start to help. I have physical therapy this afternoon - hopefully she'll be able to give me a few light exercises for me to strengthen my leg! We have a Chile cook-off at our church, I can't wait for that to happen again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand your decision to scale back on Halloween and prioritize Christmas. It's important to manage expectations and focus on what matters most. I'm sorry to hear that your recovery is challenging. I hope the new medication and physical therapy help alleviate your pain. It's great that you have a support system like your church and the Chile cook-off to look forward to. Remember to take care of yourself and prioritize rest. We're all here for you

      Have a good day! (((BIG HUGS)))

      Delete
  4. Absolutely! It's a wise approach. I find that focusing on what truly matters helps me feel more fulfilled and less overwhelmed.

    Have an amazing day! (((BIG HUG)))

    ReplyDelete

Yesterday's Blog

It's All About Me #26

“Gnome and elf and fairy, Witch and ghost make merry On this last of dear October’s days.” (Lettie C. Van Derveer)   Hello my lovel...

Popular Blogs