Translate

Sunday, September 22, 2024

Fall is Finally Here Y'all!


“I love the moment in the early dew
of an autumn morn
when the sun peeks through
and the land is kissed
by the velvet lips
of a bright day hiding
in the morning mist.”
(Robert Brault)

 

Hello, my lovely friends!

 

     Can you believe it? Fall is officially here, and it feels like it too. As if on cue, the moment summer transitions into fall, so does the weather. It's a reliable pattern I've noticed over the years, with the first day of fall often bringing cooler temperatures. While I haven't always been a fan of fall, I've grown to appreciate it more with age. Pumpkin spice may still not be my cup of tea, but I do enjoy pumpkin-flavored treats. The warm, cozy colors of the season are truly enchanting. And speaking of excitement, I can't wait for the holiday blog season to begin in a few weeks! It's already time to don my holiday hat and start brainstorming ideas.

 

     A cold front swept through last night, bringing a sudden drop in temperatures to the 50s and ushering in a steady rain. As the morning dawned, the chill in the air intensified, and the distant mountains were dusted with a fresh layer of snow. Our high today is expected to struggle to reach the 40s, a stark reminder of the changing seasons.

 

     The cold, rainy day had me yearning for something warm and comforting. A steaming bowl of menudo seemed like the perfect antidote. We had a small portion in the freezer, so I ventured out to the market to replenish our supply of tripe. As I imagined the hearty, soul-warming meal, anticipation filled me. It's the ideal way to warm ourselves from the inside out on such a dreary day.

 

    While many people associate spring with renewal and fresh starts, I find that fall is my personal reset button. It marks the beginning of my favorite season and something I eagerly anticipate each year. Even though Halloween might be a little different this year, I'm still planning to embrace the spirit of the holiday through my "Holiday Spooktacular" blog series.

 

To kick off the season, I've begun planning and outlining my blog posts for October. This week, we're tackling a deep clean of the house to prepare it for Christmas decorations. I know, it might seem a bit early, but with our extensive collection of holiday decor and my sister's upcoming visit, it's best to be organized.


So glad you could stop by! Wishing you a splendid rest of your day/evening/morning, wherever you may be.

Until next time! Adios...

8 comments:

  1. I am with you. Spring is a season of rebirth, renewal. Fall, for me, is a time of re-evaluating. As you say, a time to re-set!

    Enjoy your menudo. I LOVE soup anytime, but in the fall and winter, it is especially appreciated.

    hugs and blessings on this first day of Fall.

    barb
    1crazYdog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a time for introspection and reflection, a chance to shed the old and embrace the new. I couldn't agree more about soup. There's something so comforting about a warm bowl, especially on a crisp autumn day.

      Enjoy the day! (((BIG HUGS)))

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Happy Fall Jeanne! Hope you have a wonderful day! (((BIG HUGS)))

      Delete
  3. It's Kathy. We are also seeing a sense of fall today, although our temps are still in the high 60's, I'm so not ready for the 40's and snow! I'm going to spend some time outside today with Daisy! I love the poem above! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. know exactly what you mean about the weather. It's like nature is playing a teasing game, hinting at cooler days ahead but still lingering in the warmth of summer. Enjoy your time outside with Daisy! There's nothing quite like a crisp autumn breeze and a furry companion by your side.

      How are you doing with your recovery? Hope all is good.

      Have a fantastic day! (((BIG HUGS)))

      Delete
  4. We got that front coming through, too. It made me switch the thermostat from "cooling" to "heat", but it won't kick on for a while yet, based on the forecast. It felt like "football weather"! Yes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like you're experiencing a bit of a temperature drop. I can definitely relate to that "football weather" feeling. It's the perfect time to cozy up with a blanket and your favorite show.

      Have a fabulous day! (((BIG HUGS)))

      Delete

Yesterday's Blog

It's All About Me #26

“Gnome and elf and fairy, Witch and ghost make merry On this last of dear October’s days.” (Lettie C. Van Derveer)   Hello my lovel...

Popular Blogs