Translate

Thursday, August 15, 2024

It's Okay to Not Be Okay


 "To be happy you must let go of what's gone. Be grateful for what remains. Look forward to what is coming." (Author Unknown)

 

 Hello, my lovely friends!


    We live in a world that often glorifies happiness, productivity, and constant sunshine. It can feel like there's an unspoken pressure to always be "on," to wear a mask of perpetual joy. But let's be real, life is messy. It's full of ups and downs, triumphs and failures, laughter and tears. And that’s perfectly okay.

 

    It's okay to be sad. It's okay to feel overwhelmed, lost, or alone. These emotions are a natural part of the human experience. We're allowed to have bad days, weeks, or even months. It doesn't mean there's something wrong with you. In fact, it means you're human.

 

    Denying our sadness or trying to force ourselves to be happy can do more harm than good. Bottling up emotions can lead to stress, anxiety, and even physical health problems. It's important to acknowledge our feelings, give them space, and let them run their course.

 

    Sometimes, the darkest clouds can lead to the brightest rainbows. Sadness can be a catalyst for personal growth, empathy, and resilience. It can help us appreciate the good times even more.

 

    So, if you're feeling down, know that you're not alone. It's okay to not be okay. Give yourself permission to feel your feelings, without judgment. Seek support from loved ones, or consider talking to a mental health professional. Remember, healing takes time, and it's a journey, not a destination.

 

You are strong, capable, and worthy of happiness.

 

So glad you could stop by! Wishing you a splendid rest of your day/evening/morning, wherever you may be.

Until next time! Adios...

 

 

 

4 comments:

  1. What an insightful post. It has been a sad couple of days. Dad's passing anniversary (7 yrs.) was on Tuesday. Mr. Spot passed 9 days later. Then my SIL's mom passed 12 days after that. So, I know this is an emotional time for me and as you say, it's ok. We have to feel these emotions. Each day is a little etter, but have to go through it.

    HUGS!

    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Kathy. Thank you for this post today. It totally is something I needed to hear. On Tuesday I found out that my surgery (scheduled for 8/20) was only partially approved. Since there's no way I could afford to pay for any part of it other than the deductible, I pretty much freaked out! I have not been okay for weeks and weeks, the pain has been so bad at times. This week I'm working to get my house cleaned since I'll be out of commission for 6 - 12 weeks! Thankfully just 15 minutes ago I got word that the Doctor's appeal was approved! I'm still not good, but a whole lot better than an hour ago! Your message was just perfect for me today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love that "grace" of allowing yourself to feel what you feel. Just because there are others less fortunate than you does not mean that your low moods are invalid! Feelings are fleeting, sitting with them, rather than "stuffing" them allows the soul to breathe.

    ReplyDelete

Yesterday's Blog

It's All About Me #26

“Gnome and elf and fairy, Witch and ghost make merry On this last of dear October’s days.” (Lettie C. Van Derveer)   Hello my lovel...

Popular Blogs