Translate

Sunday, February 4, 2024

A Snowy But Wonderful Day


 "Home is knowing. Knowing your mind, knowing your heart, knowing your courage. If we know ourselves, we're always home, anywhere." (Glinda the Good (Wizard of Oz)

 

Hello, my lovely friends!

 

     I’m so sorry there wasn’t a blog yesterday I completely spaced it out. I finally figures it out mid-afternoon and it was too late to put something up because I was out all day and night.

 

     Late Friday night I was up doing things as usual and “the guy” who proposed texted me to tell me out tickets for Chicago were for Saturday afternoon and not Sunday like I thought. A little panic set in because I thought it was on Sunday. So I figured out what I was wearing and got some things together to make it easier for me in the morning. Saturday morning I wake up and guess what is going on? It’s snowing, A LOT! They said a couple of inches, but it was more like four inches. While getting ready the snow was coming down heavier to the point that I looked up the theater to see if the weather was going to cancel the show, but no.

 




 

     He came and picked me up and off we went. Once we got out of the neighborhood streets the roads were clear. We got there with plenty of time and picked up some McDonald’s to have in the car before the doors opened because we were not going to stand outside in the cold. The good thing is the whole complex is covered and no snow was falling, but it was still cold outside.

 

     The show was okay not super impressed with it. I thought the singing voices weren’t that strong and it felt more like a college show than a professional one. I enjoyed parts of it, but probably won’t see it again. After the theatre he took me out to dinner and a handful of my friends were there waiting for us. We had a great dinner and then went to another pace for dessert and drinks. Then he got us a room for the next at the Brown Palace Hotel which is one of the most beautiful and oldest hotels downtown. I want to do afternoon tea there on Mother’s Day one year.

 





     All in all a great day and night surrounded by people I love and care about. My birthday week is starting off very nicely.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful time. I have attended shows like that, okay but once is enough. I am so glad to hear the snow didn't mess up your day after all. Great start to your birthday week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a really good time. I try to see shows that I've never seen to branch myself out there and some are hidden gems and others are a one time only. Our snow is already melting away.

      Have a wonderful Sunday! (((BIG HUGS)))

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday!! 🎂 What a wonderful celebration! Great photos! Thanks! 🤗❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeanne! I'll be celebrating all week or maybe month. LOL It was a really great day and night. That guy is making it difficult not to say yes to him when he does things like yesterday.

      Enjoy your weekend! (((BIG HUGS)))

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful time, despite the weather and the time snafu. wonderful start to your birthday week for sure!

    hugs
    barb
    1cd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It started off with light snow, but when I got out of the shower it was coming down heavy. I thought our day would be ruined. It was a wonderful start for my birthday week. It might be the best one yet.

      Have a wonderful day! (((BIG HUGS)))

      Delete
  4. I agree with Jeanne... a wonderful way to celebrate! Happy Birthday week/month! You got the precip as snow, we got it as rain down the hill, here. Would you believe that even here in the drought-ridden prairie there can be mudslides when the snow melts? I was shocked when less than a mile from me, they had to evacuate a small strip of businesses because behind them the land slipped down on the bank of the creek!

    Hope the rest of the week follows on in as good a fashion!

    ((( big hugs )))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The snow was the heaviest we've had in a while and it was listed as the most water ever in one storm for us. The weather is just crazy all over and changing so much.

      I'm not sure how the rest of the week could top yesterday, it was amazing.

      Enjoy your day! (((BIG HUGS)))

      Delete

Yesterday's Blog

So Much Cooking

    "Give yourself permission to immediately walk away from anything that gives you bad vibes. There is no need to explain or make sens...

Popular Blogs