Translate

Sunday, October 6, 2024

Favorite Black and White Horror Movies


 

“It's Alive! It's Alive!" (Frankenstein)

 

Hello, my lovely friends!

 

 I adore classic movies, particularly those in black and white. When it comes to horror, my favorites are the black and white films. I appreciate their simplicity, focusing on the story rather than relying on excessive blood, gore, and shock tactics that often dominate modern horror. The storytelling in older horror movies is what truly captivates me.

 

The House on Haunted Hill (1959)


The Tingler (1959)

Dracula (1931)

 The Haunting (1963)
Frankenstein (1931)

Bride of Frankenstein (1935)

Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956)

Psycho (1960)

Carnival of Souls (1962)

Night of the Living Dead (1968)


May this season be filled with haunted houses, pumpkin patches, and plenty of spooky surprises.

Thank you for stopping by…



4 comments:

  1. Can't say I'm a fan of horror, but I have people I love in my life who do enjoy it! Yesterday "the kids" (my son and daughter in law) took their foster-son to one of those "Scary Farms" and the little guy (age 6) clung to "Dad" all the way through the haunted house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think black and white movies really are great, too. Waiting to see Young Frankenstein this month. And The Nightmare Before Christmas. Good movies!

    hugs
    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's Kathy. Interesting movies but I've only seen the Body Snatchers. I've seen scenes from Psycho but I don't think I've seen the entire movie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No thanks. These cause nightmares. 🎃👻

    ReplyDelete

Yesterday's Blog

Halloween Q&A

  "When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers, ‘tis near Halloween." (Author unknown)   H...

Popular Blogs