Translate

Saturday, October 5, 2024

Halloween Q&A

 

"When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers, ‘tis near Halloween." (Author unknown)

 

Hello, my lovely friends! 

 

 "Shadows dance and spirits roam... Are you brave enough to join us for a spine-chilling Halloween Q&A? Put your answers in the comments below. 


1. What is your favorite Halloween candy? 

 I’m a huge fan of anything Wonka, especially the Laffy Taffy. You know, those chewy, fruity candies that come in all those wacky colors? My favorite part of Halloween is raiding the candy bowl and making off with every single Laffy Taffy. Poor kids. No Laffy Taffy for them. 

 

2. How long did your Halloween candy usually last? 

 When we were kids, my parents would put our Halloween candy in a paper bag and on top of the fridge. We were allowed a few pieces each night, but only after saying a prayer. The bag seemed to last forever, even through Thanksgiving. My dad knew I’d trade all my chocolate for the sour stuff. But sometimes, at night, I’d hear a faint rustling from the fridge.

 

3. What was your best costume? 

 They’ve always called me a witch. Even as a child, my love for all things dark and mysterious was evident. I’d dress up as a witch for Halloween, of course, but my best costume was a twist on the classic. In fifth grade, I decided to be Pippi Longstocking. My sister, ever the wicked genius, suggested using wire hangers to shape my braids. The results were terrifyingly effective. My hair stood out like lightning rods, and I won the school contest with ease.

 

4. What was your worst costume? 

 When I was a child, my parents insisted on dressing me as a princess for Halloween. The costume was a nightmare. The plastic mask, with its vacant eyes and sickly smile, felt like a second skin, suffocating my face. I begged and pleaded to be something else, but they were adamant. By the end of the night, the mask had cracked and warped, its edges jagged like broken teeth. I’ve never worn a store-bought costume since.

 

5. Did you buy or make your own costume?

 Piggybacking on the store-bought princess costume, all my other costumes were homemade, concocted in the witch’s cauldron of my mother’s imagination. She’d brew up a storm of ideas, and I’d watch in awe as she transformed them into reality. Most times, our ingredients were found in the dusty, cobweb-filled corners of thrift stores, waiting to be resurrected for a night of fright.

 

6. What is your favorite Halloween tradition?

I adore the entire Halloween ritual—the eerie decorations, the pumpkin carving, the spine-chilling atmosphere. But nothing beats the thrill of Halloween night itself. As I stand at my door, shrouded in a terrifying costume, I watch the tiny specters approach, their eyes wide with anticipation. It’s a night of magic, mischief, and a touch of the macabre. The kids are a delight, their laughter echoing through the crisp autumn air. It’s a night to remember, a night where the veil between worlds thins, and the spirits of Halloween come alive.

 

7. What is your all-time scariest Halloween movie?

 I've always had a morbid fascination with the macabre. Horror movies, especially the classics, are my guilty pleasure. While most flicks fail to truly unsettle me, The Haunting is a different beast. The subtle, unseen terror lurking within those walls is far more chilling than any jump scare. It's a slow burn that creeps into your subconscious, leaving a lingering unease long after the credits roll. Of course, my first horror experience was the iconic Halloween. I remember my mom’s startled gasp as Michael Myers emerged from the shadows, and I spent the rest of the night clutching my teddy bear, convinced he was lurking beneath my bed.

 

8. Do you prefer gore or thrillers? 

 Gore movies are like cheap thrills—a quick fix of shock and disgust. But for me, true terror lies in the unseen, the lurking shadows that whisper secrets. I crave suspense that creeps under your skin, stories that twist your mind, not just your stomach.

 

9. How old were you when you saw your first horror movie? 

 I was 9 or 10 when I first saw Halloween on a sunny day. The film, with its iconic theme music and Michael Myers’ soulless mask, scared me to the bone. Yet, it has since become a beloved tradition.

 

10.  Favorite horror or Halloween-themed song? 

 I adore the chilling ambiance of the Halloween theme song. But the moment I spot those grinning jack-o'-lanterns or haunted houses in the store, my mind becomes possessed by the haunting melody of 'This is Halloween.' It’s like a wicked spell, trapping me in an endless loop of that eerie tune. I can’t shake it, no matter how hard I try.

 

May this season be filled with haunted houses, pumpkin patches, and plenty of spooky surprises.

Thank you for stopping by…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yesterday's Blog

It's All About Me #26

“Gnome and elf and fairy, Witch and ghost make merry On this last of dear October’s days.” (Lettie C. Van Derveer)   Hello my lovel...

Popular Blogs