Translate

Thursday, October 10, 2024

As a Kid During Halloween


 

"I watch out my window as the planes take off into space. Oh, that I could fly away and start fresh. But I must realize that fresh starts also come in the pretty wrapped gift called tomorrow." (Anonymous)

 

Hello, my spooky friends!


    Let's summon the spirits of Halloween past. Close your eyes and take a deep breath. Feel the chill in the air as we slip back in time...

Remember those days when the world was simpler, filled with sugar highs and the thrill of the unknown? Let's revisit our childhood Halloweens, a time when ghosts were real, goblins lurked in the shadows, and the promise of candy fueled our every step.

Share your spookiest memories in the comments below, or weave them into a spine-chilling tale on your own blog. Let's tap into that childhood magic and make this Halloween one to remember.

 

Favorite costume ~ Most Halloweens, I was a witch. My mom was always coming up with new and terrifying ways to transform me. One year, she ground up oatmeal and mixed it with green food coloring to create a gruesome, wart-covered mask that she plastered all over my face. I loved the way it made me look. My mom also braided my hair into a tangled mess, which I would unravel just before trick-or-treating, leaving me with wild, witchy locks.

 

 Favorite Halloween candy ~ I had two. I relished the sugary straws that were nothing but pure sweetness and the waxy lips, especially the ones with that strange, almost forbidden flavor. Anything wax with a taste was a treat for me.

 

 Favorite Halloween special on T.V. ~ The Bugs Bunny Halloween Special was my all-time favorite cartoon. The witch, with her cackling laughter and eerie glow, was the highlight. I loved how she’d sing, her voice echoing through the haunted house, “A cup of tea, a cookie, and yoo-hoo.” There was something so unsettling yet captivating about the way she delivered that line. Of course, it had to be a witch. Halloween just wouldn’t be the same without a touch of dark magic and spooky enchantment.

 

Favorite Spooky Movie ~  My top pick for a terrifying cinematic experience is undoubtedly Halloween. It's a classic for a reason: the suspense, the iconic killer, and the eerie atmosphere are unparalleled. Now, if we're talking about a Halloween-themed movie that's a bit more whimsical, I'd have to go with Practical Magic. I know, I know, it's not strictly horror, but there's something undeniably spooky about witches, especially when they're played by Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman. Plus, the film's blend of magic, mystery, and family drama is both captivating and chilling.

 

Favorite Halloween Memory ~ Growing up in a small city community, Halloween was a major event. Everyone looked forward to the annual costume contest, where neighbors would gather to show off their creativity. Though I never took home a prize, parading through the streets with my friends was always a blast. The festivities also included classic games like bobbing for apples, adding to the fun and excitement of the holiday.


May this season be filled with haunted houses, pumpkin patches, and plenty of spooky surprises.

Thank you for stopping by…

 

 

3 comments:

  1. Pillowcases to use for my haul, going to as many subdivisions as I could and managing to get it all done before 9pm Those are my bestest memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing the fun memories. 🎃👻🧙🏼‍♀️🧹

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's Kathy. I enjoyed your memories. Halloween was never very big in my home growing up and as a mom we lived on a very busy road so we never had any trick or treaters! My kids would go into the neighborhoods behind us.

    ReplyDelete

Yesterday's Blog

A Vintage Halloween

 

Popular Blogs