Translate

Tuesday, July 23, 2024

I Need To Explain Myself

 

"There is only so much energy available to us in life. Spending it on solving problems is one possible way of living your life, but this may leave you empty-hearted; spending it on what excites you is a lot more fulfilling and fun - and effortless; and usually, the previously experienced problems vanish on their own. We don't have to battle against the darkness when all we need to do is turn on the light." (Andrea Moritz)

 

Hello, my lovely friends!

 

      First off I need to apologize for being lazy with the blogs or having no blogs for days. You know I never do this and it’s been frequent this past year. I’m working on getting back into the swing of things, but it looks like I hit a wall on the blogs. I just have no motivation to do a lot of things and I need to get out of my funk. Thank you for letting me have last week off. I had no idea what to do or could even think of something.

 

      There is nothing bad going on that is making me have no motivation, I just don’t have it. So, I’m going to start going back to basics with everything and getting my mojo back because I hate feelings this way, We all know when you get sluggish and just don’t want to do anything at all, that’s where I’m at. I don’t even have motivation to plant the garden, but I finally put all the plants I bought into pots and put the lettuce seeds in the containers. Hopefully, I’ll be able to get something out of the plants this year.

 

      There’s something I got done. I know a big part of my lack of motivation is my knee. It was doing really well and then I turned and it hurt. I have an appointment to go get it looked at in a few weeks. The brace is back on and I baby my knee maybe too much, I think that is a big reason I’m not doing much, I’m blaming my knee and probably should just suck it up and get that knee moving. My goal is to get on the treadmill a few times a week to start building the strength back up in my knee and do the exercises they gave me when I went in a few months back.

 

      How y’all loving this heat that so many of u are getting? It’s been crazy hot here, but then it cools down a lot at night. It’s almost as if we’re turning into a desert in here, very hot all day and cold at night. I wouldn’t be surprised with all the dry heat we have. Even Scooter isn’t a fan, he runs out, does his thing, and runs right back in. My poor little guy is starting to get slow and I’m now happy about that it makes me sad. I know it’s part of life, but I’d love for him to be around five to ten more years. Sim I;m making his food again and he’s taking his pills to keep him healthy.

 

      My mom seems to be doing better. She is still slow and that’s just the way its going to be from now on. She did get a shot in her knee and it was feeling better, but the pain came back after three weeks. So we’re making another appointment as soon as we can. If this keeps working for her she might not have to get another replacement on the other knee. She’s also doing well with her numbers and losing some weight.

 

      Things with Mike are going great. We’ve really hit it off and our connection is strong. We have some plans for the future, but not going to talk about that yet.

 

Thank you so much for stopping by today.

I wish you a good morning, afternoon or evening wherever you are.

Talk Soon, Adios…


8 comments:

  1. The hot weather and pain sucks the energy and motivation right out of a person. Today's post makes me wonder if you've been peeking in my window. 😉 Hang in there. Hopefully, there will be better days ahead...for both of us. 🤗💖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know things are not easy for you either. I watch my mom miss my dad more now than when it first happened. She talks about all the things he's missing. I hope you have brighter days, my friend.

      Have a peaceful and wonderful day! (((BIG HUGS)))

      Delete
  2. As you might have noticed I haven't been blogging either, for two reasons - one I just don't have much to say and second RA has done such a number on my hands I am pretty limited on the keyboard so, it is probably it for me. I will keep reading though, huge hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed that Allie. I see what you mean I've been stuck trying to figure what to write on some days. I'm sorry your RA has gotten so bad that you can't type much. I hope you have better days with it.

      Enjoy your day! (((BIG HUGS)))

      Delete
  3. My dear, you need to take are of yourself first. So no apologies for no blogs! You are doing what you need to do to get back to it. And for sure, heat saps my energy and motivation, too.

    DO take care of your knee. Glad you have an appointment to get it looked at. And DO try to do any PT exercises that you have been given. The stronger you can make your quads (thighs) the less stress there will be on your knees.

    Yes, we all would like our little fur babies to go on with us forever. You are taking good care of Scooter, so that’s part of what needs to be done for his longevity.

    As for your Mom’s knee, I had that experience w/the shots. Would work to a point then wear off. Did get the 2nd knee done (left) in 2017 and no regrets. Hard decision to make and I hope that your Mom does what she feels best to help her knee feel better.

    Glad that your relationship w/Mike is blossoming. SOooooo happy for you. Yup . . . a step @ a time, a day @ a time . . . you go, girl!

    Hugs
    Barb
    1cd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm putting myself first, have a plan for the future, and working towards it. I want to figure out what is going on with my knee. Thank you the the advice on strengthen up my quad.

      It's been a while since I've been this happy and things are just moving along and getting better.

      Have an amazing day! (((BIG HUGS)))

      Delete
  4. It's Kathy. There is absolutely no need to apologize to us. I'm sure each of us has gone through a time when it's just too hard to think. Honestly, I'm in that kind of mood myself these days. Waiting for my 2nd spine surgery is hard and my grandsons father has added more stress - wanting 50/50 physical custody of 2 boys with autism who aren't even able to attend regular school because of their behaviors. They need full time care. He hasn't even provided them with ANYTHING in over a year! But that's my soap box!!! Sometimes we just need to pull in! You did get some of your gardening done - that's a win! And don't dismiss the pain you are experiencing. I am walking proof that living with any kind of pain makes doing things so much harder. I'm glad you're getting in to see a doctor - sometimes knowing what or if anything is not right makes it all feel better! Once I saw my surgeon and could see the damage in my spine at least I knew what I had to do! Take care of yourself!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry that you're family especially your grandsons have to go through that. I hope things get better for them. I hope that you get your surgery soon and it helps you. I know that things must be difficult for you with the pain.I hope there's nothing serious with my knee.

      Have a wonderful day! (((BIG HUGS)))

      Delete

Yesterday's Blog

It's All About Me #26

“Gnome and elf and fairy, Witch and ghost make merry On this last of dear October’s days.” (Lettie C. Van Derveer)   Hello my lovel...

Popular Blogs