Translate

Tuesday, May 14, 2024

It's Lemonade Time (recipe)

 

"Find something you're passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it." (Julia Child)

Hello, my lovely friends!


I love lemons! I really love lemons! Come to think about it I just love all things citrus and love using them when I'm cooking. I normally make just a tradition lemonade and last year I started playing around with strawberries. This year thanks to Pinterest I have a bunch of lemonade ideas and today I thought I'd start with the one I was eager to try the most.

This is what you will need:
Blender
Pot (you're going to be cooking)
bag of lemons (about 8 to 10)
1/2 watermelon or a small whole watermelon
1 1/2 cup of Splenda
A lot of water

I'm using a huge pitcher that fits about two gallons (it's big, but that means more for me). This is going to take some work on your part, but worth it.

You going to take about eight lemons, clean them and then squeeze all that golden goodness out of them. Keep some of the lemons after squeezing all the juice.

In a sauce pan put in a cup of two cups of water and either 1 cup of Splenda or 1/2 cup of honey. Now bring that to a boil and then turn it down to low. Toss in the lemons that you squeezed (not the juice, but the lemon halves). Let that simmer for about five minutes and then turn the stove off.  Transfer the juice to a container to cool off.

Grab you pitcher some water (okay, a lot of water) Take your lemon juice and pour it in the pitcher.  Then get your cooled down sugar syrup and strain the liquid because you only want the liquid. Now pour that into your pitcher and add water to fill up the container. Stir it up and let it chill in the fridge.  

If you can't wait then grab a glass fill it with some ice cubes and enjoy our lemonade. 

 

Thank you so much for stopping by.

I wish you a good morning, afternoon or evening wherever you are.

Until next time… Adios!



8 comments:

  1. The weather has certainly made refreshers like lemonade sound good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes anything with lemons is fine by me all year long.(((BIG HUGS)))

      Delete
  2. Ohhhh yum!!!!

    Thanks for sharing

    hugs
    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's Kathy. I love lemonade but my husband really does not like anything with lemon in it! So while I do have some liquid lemon in a bottle, there's not much point in me buying lemons. But that said, I just might half your recipe above and make some lemonade for myself! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my I love all things lemons. Yes you should enjoy your lemonade.(((BIG HUGS)))

      Delete

Yesterday's Blog

Be the Light

 

Popular Blogs