Translate

Thursday, January 4, 2024

My Online Clean-up


 

"You can't go back and make a new start, but you can start right now and make a brand new ending."  (James R. Sherman)

 

Hello, my lovely friends!

 

          Whenever a New Year begins, people start making resolutions, cleaning things out and having a fresh start. We all purge things, organize things and clean our homes, but what about online? Do you clean things out there too? I’ve always like to have my computer and online life cleaned up when the New Year begins. Here are a few things that I like to do to have my computer and online life ready for a new beginning.

 

1. Clean out my laptop ~ I look through all my files and figure out what I need or don't. If there are any pictures I put on discs. I will then run a deep scan through the whole computer and sometimes I might clean it all the way back. I put all the blogs for that year on a separate disc to keep them safe.

 

2. Clean up my Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc. ~ I toss out pictures I don't use. I also go through who I follow and unfollow things that no longer interest me. I got super organized on my Pinterest and have sub-folders in my folders.

 

3. Clean out my email ~ I have many folders and put different emails in. I look through them and clean everything out. I unsubscribe from emails that I don't like anymore.

 

          Those are the things that I do at the end of the year to give myself a fresh start online. Do you do anything like that?

 

Thank you so much for stopping by.

I wish you a good morning, afternoon or evening wherever you are.

Talk soon…

 

10 comments:

  1. Yes, physical decluttering and electronic decluttering are a part of my New Year ritual, too. Just makes things easier!

    Hope today is a good day!

    hugs
    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does. I always make sure to change my passwords and will probably do the two step log in for them now.

      Have a wonderful day! (((BIG HUGS)))

      Delete
  2. Me, too. Keeping electronics clean is important. Wishing you a happy day. 🤗💞

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it not only making things run better, but you feel fresh with a clean up computer.

      Enjoy your day! (((BIG HUGS)))

      Delete
  3. Ah, yes! Reminds me that I've learned from you and started doing a little more in the area of electronic clean-up this year, because of your example. I'm not ALL the way there, yet... and never have been a strong finisher at such projects, but... slowly, I might get there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes my computers run faster after a good deep clean.

      Have a great day! (((BIG HUGS)))

      Delete
  4. Yes, I clear out my blogs now and put them in folders on a hard drive as well as sort through email addresses, pinterest as well lots of sorting and clearing, a bit at a time. Great fresh start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I cleaned out my blogs the other day. I keep all my blogs too on a hard drive.It's best to clean everything up

      Enjoy your day! (((BIG HUGS)))

      Delete
  5. I need to do exactly that. I just haven't gotten around to it yet. Maybe this weekend. Yoda is house cleaning time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you have to do that. I have to finish up this weekend.

      Have a great time. (((BIG HUGS)))

      Delete

Yesterday's Blog

So Much Cooking

    "Give yourself permission to immediately walk away from anything that gives you bad vibes. There is no need to explain or make sens...

Popular Blogs