Translate

Friday, January 5, 2024

Holiday Wrap Up


"Be courageous. Challenge orthodoxy. Stand up for what you believe in. When you are in your rocking chair talking to your grandchildren many years from now, be sure you have a good story to tell." (Amal Clooney)

 

Hello, my lovely friends!

 

        Well, Happy New Year to you all! I think this is the first time this year that I have said that to you all. I can’t believe that we’re in a brand new year, WOW! I hope you all had a good start to your 2024.

 

        Of course I had my Twilight Zone marathon on SyFy and tweeting with fellow Zoners over on “X”, I hate calling it that but its not Twitter anymore. That was the most fun we had tweeting to each other ever. It’s nice to see others who have been there before and we talk about the show. One New Year’s Eve about twenty of us decided to pull an all-nighter. It was fun. We followed each other and are still chatting away. It was a fun holiday weekend.

 

        Now that the holidays are over its time to take down the Christmas decorations, so sad. It’s always such a job to put it up, but easy to take it down. We always talk about going through the boxes and getting rid of things, but we never do. One of my big projects this winter is to clean up the basement and get everything back in its place.

 

Thank you so much for stopping by.

I wish you a good morning, afternoon or evening wherever you are.

Talk soon…

 

     

8 comments:

  1. Basements are tough as they catch so much stuff over time. Big job! Although I know we really felt better when we only kept the really sentimental decorations and the ones we really wish to use. The ones that were not just were past on. Ended up passing on a lot of containers too - LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guilty of just putting it wherever it lands. My mom never goes down there so I juts toss or put it alli in one place. I need to clean it up.

      Have a wonderful weekend! (((BIG HUGS)))

      Delete
  2. Big project. Sorting a catch all space is always a big project. One bit at a time and soon it's all finished. 😉
    The first weekend of the new year. Enjoy! 🤗❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah and its getting bigger. I need to clean it up before it gets out of control. It's going to take a couple of days.

      Have a great day! (((BIG HUGS)))

      Delete
  3. That's my New Year's goal. Get all the junk out of the basement. My issue is half the stuff belong to my husband and he doesn't like to get rid of things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to organize the whole house and get rid of what I don't need. It's going to take all year, but it'll be worth it.

      Enjoy your weekend! (((BIG HUGS)))

      Delete
  4. Yes! Watched the Zone marathon, too. So good.

    Good luck in the basement. Have that to do, too. UGH

    hugs
    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had some much fun tweeting it was a good weekend.

      I have motivation to get things done right now, fingers crossed

      Enjoy your day! (((BIG HUGS)))

      Delete

Yesterday's Blog

So Much Cooking

    "Give yourself permission to immediately walk away from anything that gives you bad vibes. There is no need to explain or make sens...

Popular Blogs