Translate

Thursday, April 25, 2024

Having Gratitude Works


"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow." (Melody Beattie)

 

Hello, my lovely friends! 

 

    I was looking through tapes of past episodes of Super Soul Sunday and Lifeclass both shows on OWN and came across a couple of episodes that Sarah Ban Breathnach was on talking about the Simple Abundance ways and the different books. You all know that I have all the books and read them from time to time. Oprah had mentioned during one of the shows that doing the gratitude journal is key to having balance in your life. I must say that my gratitude journal has not seen much love from me this year, at all. Come to think about it I'm not even sure if I've put anything down this year. Hmmm, must look into that one.

 

It had me thinking....MUST START A GRATITUDE JOURNAL again.

 

    How many of you take the time daily to reflect and find something good about your day no matter what kind of day you had. Years, ago when Oprah had her daytime show she talked about the Simple Abundance book and mentioned that she gives a copy of it to friends because she believes in the book that much. I do have a gratitude journal a Paris themed one all pretty, pretty empty that is.

 

    What is a gratitude journal?  It's a place that you can put down on paper a handful of good things that happened in your day. Some days it might be super easy to put down a handful of things and other days you might have simple things like your health, family or friends. Having a gratitude journal gives you that time each day to focus on good things. There are too many times that we focus on what went wrong in our day. We tend to see the negative before the positive and a gratitude helps you become more positive about the everyday.

 

    Go out and find yourself a journal and maybe even a special pen just for that journal. Take five to ten minutes each night to write out five things that you are grateful for that day. Whatever way you approach doing a gratitude journal take a moment to see the good in your day. You might find out that what you thought was a "bad" day actually had some good moments in it.

 

    Too many times we take advantage of the day or we never acknowledge our own worth in the world. Now is the time to do just that. Go and start your won gratitude journal.

 

Thank you so much for stopping by today.

I wish you a good morning, afternoon or evening wherever you are.

Talk Soon

 

4 comments:

  1. Amen to all of this. I think most of us have times when the gratitude practice gets dropped in the busy-ness of life, or we have a slump. Picking it up again after such a time feels like coming home, doesn't it? Worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I find the gratitude journal really helps keep me focused on the good. Mom always said that even in a bad day there is something good. She’s right. Sometimes it takes writing it in the journal to make that stick in my brain. And on bad days, I can re-read entries in the journal that sparks that attitude of gratitude. Go for it.

    HUGS and hope it’s a thankful Thursday!

    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
  3. The November, after DH passed in August, OneKidsMom started posting a daily gratitude log. Some days, all I could post was, "I'm grateful I made it through the day." As each day passed, finding at least one thing for which to be grateful became easier. I give credit to OneKidsMom for saving my life. Now, each day ends with giving gratitude. Be grateful! It works! 🤗💖

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's Kathy. I do keep a journal but it's not specifically a gratitude journal. I do, however, sit quietly each morning and think about all the things I have to be grateful for. Writing them down just became too much. Even on the bad days, I have so much to be grateful for!

    ReplyDelete

Yesterday's Blog

Good Results

"To be happy you must let go of what's gone. Be grateful for what remains. Look forward to what is coming." (Author Unknown)...

Popular Blogs