Translate

Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Live With Passion


 

"Life is meant to be fun, and joyous and fulfilling. May each of yours be that." (Jim Henson)

Hello, my lovely friends!

 

Hello, my lovely friends! 

 

     I know many of us would love to jet off on a plan and experience our personal "Eat, Pray, Love" moments, but we can't. However, that doesn't mean that you can't live your daily life without passion in it. There are things that you can do to have those moments in your everyday life.

 

1. Enjoy cooking ~ with me everything goes to cooking because I love cooking. I'm not telling you to cook a four course meal if cooking isn't your thing, but find a recipe that you've always want to cook and do it. I think a big problem why some people don't like cooking is because they view it as a chore. There are days when I feel like that, but it's usually when I'm making something I don't want to really cook like hot dogs. They're so simple to make and I hate cooking those days. When I do cook I always make a cup of tea and instead of having the TV on I put on some music.

 

2. Have a Nothing Day ~ I think so many people stress day to day about everything and anything. Sometimes you need to give yourself a break and just do nothing. This does not mean sit on the couch and binge TV judges all day. Go do something that is out of the normal daily thing for you. Find a free day at the museums or your local zoo. For me it usually involves a day at IKEA or a thrift store. Maybe your nothing day involves staying at home then you could have a pamper day. The point is to have a day to do something for yourself.

 

3. Find a Hobby ~ now I don't mean go out and sew yourself a sweater unless that's your thing that sew away girl. It could be cooking new recipes, painting, reading a book or gardening. Maybe you're more of a coloring book or puzzle kind of gal. Find something that you know you could lose yourself in.

 

4. Be present ~ this is all about living in the moment. This means if you're out to lunch or shopping with your friends stay off the phone. Turn the TV off when eating with others or by yourself. You get sucked into whatever is on and you end up ignoring the people you're eating with. Stop trying to do a million and one things at one time because you can't.

 

5. Gratitude ~ sounds easy, but it's also something so hard for people to focus on. We whine about everything and it ends up being so negative No wonder so many people are miserable because all they focus on is bad and negative. Start a gratitude journal and find something good about your day no matter how big or small it seems. I love starting my day with morning blessings. I also do prayers before going to bed and it's so simple. I just thank God for the day and send blessing and positive vibes to everyone in my life and that always includes you ladies.

 

Living with passion is not about going on this huge quest, but finding the beauty and blessings of your daily life. Once you stop focusing on the negative and finding the good in there you're on your way to a positive life.

 

Thank you so much for stopping by today.

I wish you a good morning, afternoon or evening wherever you are.

Talk Soon

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, kindred spirits! Music and cooking for me just go together like . . . PB&J. Cooking was always the love language of both my grandmas AND my Dad. So, it seems natural for me.

    When taking care of my parents (they lived with us as Mom had Alzheimer’s) I learned the utter importance of having a ME day. . . doing something for MYSELF to recharge.

    Definitely DH and I make it a point to have TV OFF during meals together. That’s our time to connect and catch up. Even though he’s retired we both have our things to do in a day. We quite often WILL have music on for relaxation.

    Love my gratitude journal. I make entries daily. Mom always said every day may not be good, but there is good in every day. TRUTH.

    Sending love and light!

    Hugs
    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes music and cooking just seem to fit so well together. I need to work on focusing more on a me day. I do okay, but need do better.

      Have a wonderful day! (((BIG HUGS)))

      Delete
  3. For me, #5 is the most important and the most powerful. Be grateful for all things great and small. 💖🤗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, always show gratitude. it is so simple and yet so powerful.

      Have a great day! (((BIG HUGS)))

      Delete
  4. I'm currently focused on #4 and Ember is a big help in that. You can't not be present when a puppy is involved (or your house will come down around your ears). And if you have the right companion, sometimes being present is just sitting in the yard and feeling the wind. Grateful for a young critter to "do for".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure she's keeping you on your toes. You can't help, but be present with a puppy.

      Enjoy your day! (((BIG HUGS)))

      Delete
  5. It's Kathy. I love all your ideas. My husband and I used to visit IKEA at least a few times a year, just to walk around and look at all the lovely things AND have a delicious meal. We haven't done that in awhile, since my back surgery. I wish I could look at cooking as an experience rather than a chore. I remind myself daily of all the things I'm grateful for, including reading wonderful blogs like yours! Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks for that Kathy. I've been in such a funk but I'm finally out of it and getting back into doing the blog better. Hopefully you'll be able to do more in time.

      Have a great day! (((BIG HUGS)))

      Delete

Yesterday's Blog

Good Results

"To be happy you must let go of what's gone. Be grateful for what remains. Look forward to what is coming." (Author Unknown)...

Popular Blogs