Translate

Sunday, February 11, 2024

A Snowy Weekend


 "You have to change your life if you're not happy and wake up if things aren't going the way you want." (Keanu Reeves)

 

Hello, my lovely friends!  

 

     I woke up to snow falling outside and it continued throughout the day. It didn’t stick to the ground because we’ve had such warm weather the past couple of days. It looks like it’s going to stay around for a couple more days. Once again we are in need of snow because its been so dry here.

 

     It’s SuperBowl Sunday. How many of you are watching it? Of course we’re going to have it on for the commercials and the half-time show, but not so much the game. I’m going to make homemade pizza for dinner. You know that’s what I usually make for the big game. If my dad was still here he would be watching the NFL show from the moment he got up until hours after the game ended. He loved football it passed on to my sister, but me not a bit.

 

    Speaking of Valentine’s Day, any plans? Our plans involving staying home because a snowstorm is supposed to start early that morning and bring six to eight inches down here in the city. We won’t be venturing off somewhere. When my dad was here we would go to Casa Bonita for Valentine’s Day. I think the first time we went I was in high school and my sister in college. He announced that he wanted to take his girls out for dinner there and my sister wanted to bring her boyfriend and my dad said he wasn’t his sweetheart. He let her bring him and that boyfriend is now her husband. Casa Bonita is just like the episode of South Park, it really is like that. Everyone goes there for the entertainment, but the food was not so great. Since my dad’s death we went there once. The new owners are the two guys from South Park and they are doing renovation on it, bringing in a new chef and will be open in a few months. We’ll probably go there when it opens to see what they did to it. Everyone is hoping it stays the same, but with better food. 

 

Thank you so much for stopping by.

I wish you a good morning, afternoon or evening wherever you are.

Until next time Adios!

 

 

 



6 comments:

  1. Nope, never ever bothered with the Super Bowl, strictly a Grey Cup girl. If I see the commercials on YouTube that is good enough for me. ;) Since Valentine's Day this year falls on Ash Wednesday will be doing what we usually do for Ash Wednesday, then again we let Valentine's Day slide most times as hubby and I agreed we don't need a special day for love ;) Hope the food is better but the place stays the same for you. If the new owners are smart, it will be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we do the SuperBowl now because it makes me think of my dad. I know nothing about the game. LOL. This time of year it really depends on the weather for us and what my mom is feeling that day.

      Enjoy your day! (((BIG HUGS)))

      Delete
  2. A good movie instead of football for me. I watched many of the commercials online last night. There are some good ones! Enjoy the pizza. 🍕🤗💞

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the whole thing about the big game. My online guy is big on sports. He's a former college football player and now is a recruiter. Football is his big thing so I'm trying to pay more attention. I'm getting ready to start the pizza.

      Have a wonderful day! (((BIG HUGS)))

      Delete
  3. No real interest in football but do enjoy watching the 1/2 time show (most of the time) and the commercials.

    Enjoy your Super Bowl Sunday.

    As for Valentine's Day, not sure of our plans yet. Probably going to go to our favorite diner in town. Love it. Good food, wonderful people.

    Hope that the renovations and the menu @ Casa Bonita are improved.

    hugs
    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same about football, but the guy I'm with online is all sports. So, I'm trying to learn to like it.

      It depends on the weather, but I think we'll go have an early dinner somewhere.

      Enjoy the day! (((BIG HUGS)))

      Delete

Yesterday's Blog

So Much Cooking

    "Give yourself permission to immediately walk away from anything that gives you bad vibes. There is no need to explain or make sens...

Popular Blogs