Translate

Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Freezing Temps and Some Snow


Of winter's lifeless world each tree
Now seems a perfect part;
Yet each one holds summer's secret
Deep down within its heart.
(Charles G. Stater)
 
Hello, my lovely friends!  

 

        Well how many of you are like me and freezing right about now? Sunday night the winds starting blowing hard overnight and by morning it was snowing. The snow didn’t last and we only got about an inch of it and the sun took that snow away. Now we just have very cold weather, freezing cold. Today we have a break at 44, but the rest of the week we’ll be below freezing. So plans are to get out today to get some groceries and then just veg out at home while its freezing.

 

        We’ve been working on the Christmas decorations and putting them. We’re getting rid of some things and organizing thins better. My mom tends to write on the container what’s inside, but doesn’t always put the right things back in. LOL Every year when I bring up the boxes they’re not what it says. I know I say every year that I want to get it all organized, but this year we’re actually doing it.

 

        I know that past few weeks my emotions have been all over the place, but I feel so much better about things right now. Of course the holidays brought in a whole different kinds of emotions. I’m doing better, but still a little all over the place. Part of me wonders if its because I’ve been avoiding grieving anything with my dad and grandparents, things are now coming up. I know I should just let things out and deal with them, but its hard because I don’t want my mom to get upset by it.I'm just dong what I can each day because that's all we really can do. 

 

Thank you so much for stopping by.

I wish you a good morning, afternoon or evening wherever you are.

Talk soon…

 

 

 




5 comments:

  1. I think you are doing the best you can with where you are and doing what you are doing. Huge hugs and happy purging and clearing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been snowing here since yesterday afternoon. Wind and zero temperatures are predicted to follow. All the area schools are closed today. If spring comes tomorrow it won't be too soon. 💐

    For me, cleaning and organizing makes me feel better. I can't tell you why. Maybe it's because it's the one area over which I have some control. No matter. It's been my coping mechanism for many years.

    Happy Tuesday! Wishing you a lovely shopping day! Stay safe and warm. 🤗💖

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grieving when suppressed, will pop out in unexpected places and times. I think you're doing very well, dealing with the pop ups when they occur! Cleaning and purging, and savoring memories, and allowing yourself to feel the feelings... all good!

    (( hugs )) and I'm hoping you're getting sunshine on the sparkly snow, as I am here on Tuesday afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOTS of snow right now, and wind, so dressing like Nanook of the North to stay warm. But not going anywhere. Staying put.

    My dear, grieving never was, isn’t now and never will be a linear process, so just go with the flow and be true to your emotions. It’s not easy!

    ((HUGS))

    Stay warm!

    Barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
  5. The holidays are just hard. Both my husband and I have been feeling blue. I think you're right. We just have to let the feeling come. It's cold here too. We didn't get a lot of snow but it's here to stay.

    ReplyDelete

Yesterday's Blog

So Much Cooking

    "Give yourself permission to immediately walk away from anything that gives you bad vibes. There is no need to explain or make sens...

Popular Blogs