Translate

Tuesday, April 16, 2024

It Was A Rough Day


 

"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." (From A.A. Milne's Winnie the Pooh)

 

Hello, my lovely friends!

 

     Thank you so much for the kind words and support on the Seven year anniversary of my Dad’s death.

 

      Yesterday we got through the day with some tears, but more laughs about my dad. I could hear her in a deep sleep and I know she has trouble sleeping and let her sleep in. I got up and ready for the day. I already had it in my head that I was going to make pancakes for breakfast because that’s what my dad would do for us and I wanted to honor him that way. 

 

       By the time my mom got up I knew that we would not be going to the cemetery because it was late. My Mom decided to stay home because she just doesn’t feel like doing anything right now. We treated Sunday like a normal day and nothing more. My Mom didn’t want to do anything because she said its not a good day. I just tried to keep her in good spirits all day, but she had many moments throughout the day and would just break down and cry. I saw my mom looking at the clock when it was around the time that my dad had passed. I hate that she has so much pain and there’s nothing I can do about it but let her be. 

 

    I'm just going to take it easy today. 

 

Thank you so much for stopping by today.

I wish you a good morning, afternoon or evening wherever you are.

Talk Soon…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

4 comments:

  1. so sorry. Many hugs for you both. It is just plain painful.

    hugs
    barb
    1crazydog

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very sorry for the pain of your loss. 😒💖

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grief has its own schedule. Hugs and kind thoughts for you and your mom... you made it through the day, and that's a good thing! ❤️🫂

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's Kathy. I think what you did is really all you can do for your mom. Sometimes we just have to feel the feelings! You are a very good daughter for helping your mom through her grief.

    ReplyDelete

Yesterday's Blog

Under Construction

"Acting in your own best interests isn't selfish. In fact, its the only way to truly honor your soul." (Cheryl Richardson) ...

Popular Blogs