Translate

Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Full Circles & New Chapters: Catching Up After All This Time


 "Lean forward into your life... catch the best bits and the finest wind. Just tip your feathers in flight a wee bit and see how dramatically that small lean can change your life." (Mary Anne Radmacher)


Hello, my lovely friends!

    It seems like a million years since I’ve made a Spark blog, and honestly never thought this day would happen. But here we are, sitting down and actually typing out a post after all this time. Life has a funny way of pulling us in a thousand different directions, but no matter how much time passes, this little corner of the internet always feels like home. I’ve missed you guys so much, and I can't even tell you how good it feels to just sit back, breathe, and write to you all again.

I was thinking back on how long we’ve all been doing this together, through all the random life updates, the ups and downs, and everything in between. It’s pretty amazing that after years of posting, commenting, and keeping up with each other from afar, we're still here doing our thing.

    I was sitting here thinking about how wild it is that we’ve all managed to stick together after all this time. For years now, Facebook groups and blogs have been our main lifelines for staying connected. I’ve had one foot in both worlds, though I’ve spent most of my time over on Blogger. I’m definitely not giving that space up, but I’m going to start sharing those posts here too, just to make sure we do not miss each other.

    Looking back, it’s amazing to see how much our blogs have shifted over the years. We all started out so focused on weight loss and health goals, but eventually, real life just took over the screen. We’ve shared the big milestones, the tough heartbreaks, and all the totally mundane, everyday moments in between. Some years were great, some were brutal, and some were just plain weird, but the constant through it all was this group.

I’m just really grateful we’re still showing up for each other, no matter what platform we’re on or where life pulls us next. So here’s to another chapter of oversharing, checking in, and keeping this long-distance friendship alive. Grab a coffee and stay a while.

Non-Spark Stuff

    OMG, this heat is officially out of control. I know almost everyone is dealing with it right now, but we’re on our third straight week of triple digits over the weekend, and it’s getting ridiculous. The weirdest part is that the actual heat isn't even the worst bit anymore—I think we’re all somehow getting immune to feeling like we're walking inside an oven.

It’s really the smoke and haze from all the fires everywhere that's driving me nuts. The sky just looks so heavy, and it makes breathing outside horrible. We’ve basically been hiding indoors as much as humanly possible. On the rare days we actually brave the outdoors, we sprint around like crazy people trying to get every single errand done in one go so we can retreat back to the air conditioning.

I’m thinking about all of you and hoping you're staying cool, safe, and glued to your fans or AC units. Please tell me you’re staying inside as much as you can with this wild weather.

    Of course life has been crazy here. I’m trying to navigate living with someone again. The closet needs some work on it, but things are going well with Mike here. There’s been a few bumps in the road, but that’s just the two of us learning new things about each other. One of the things that I love is seeing my mom and him just sitting and talking to each other. He really cares for her and it shows in the way he treats and respects her.

Honestly, sharing my space after having it to myself for so long is a whole unique kind of adjustment. You do not realize how set in your ways you are until you suddenly have to share a closet or compromise on where things go, but we are figuring it out day by day. Every little disagreement or awkward moment just ends up turning into a chance to understand each other better. It is definitely a learning curve for both of us, but we are taking it in stride and finding our groove together.

Seeing him interact with my mom really makes all the little headaches worth it, though. They will just sit together and chat for hours, and it completely melts my heart to see how gentle and thoughtful he is with her. That kind of genuine kindness is not something you can fake, and knowing he cares for her like that makes this whole transition feel so right.

It was so lovely having you here today. Thank you for reading along! May the rest of your day be filled with warm smiles and quiet peace. Talk to you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Yesterday's Blog

A Busy, But Fun Week

 “If you allow people to make more withdrawals than deposits in your life, you will be out of balance and in the negative! Know when to clos...

Popular Blogs